Sunday, October 28, 2012

7up pound cake...soap

This is the start to finish. The "baking" will take 7 days to 2 weeks. This soap has a white "frosting" of natural yogurt and a cake of oatmeal and mango butter......grapeseed oil, distilled water, and 7up pound cake with extra vanilla*.
I stirred the frangrance oil into the soap while in the mold for a swirly effect. Future batches may have the vanilla stirred in directly for a solid effect. I'm still playing with the process.

The vanilla turns the soap brown or shades of brown. I'm depending on that fact to make this work. Vanilla discolors soap thereby avoiding the need to use a colorant.

When done curing....and yes, it is a melt and pour soap that claims no curing is needed--but the discoloration still needs the curing time....it should look like a chocolate cake with white frosting. I'm curing this soap exactly the same as I.            Would a cold proccess soap with the final discoloration in mind. I will be adding pics from time to time to show the discoloration effect.

No comments: