Friday, August 10, 2012

A little modification...crochet braids

Seems I had too many braids, with the hair too closely spaced. It made for a very volumous look but with a lot of weight. I didn't mind the weight since my hair was much longer in the past and weighed more. The volume, however, unlike human hair....synthetic hair won't lay down. It broke 2 rubberbands....it would not make a bun. 

Well since I have to go back to work soon to do my second route...I didn't have time to redo with larger braids and less hair....so I took out 4 braids on the right side....removed the crochets and rebraided them as 2 braids, and 5 braids on the left and rebraided it as 3 braids. I left 6 in the center. They hang properly and cover the braids removed. This way I have an acceptable style to finish the work day and can fix it when I get home.

The center braids will be split in half and rebraided...this will leave me a total of 10 braids on the redo. In the mean time...it looks nice and weighs less.

The fun part about crochet braids...when done with a loop knot, they can be removed quickly and you can change the hair from curly to strait to brown to blonde or whatever you want...in about an hour. Love them.

No comments: