I started with a mango butter soap and added mango papya fragrance.
Coconut Oil (76 Degrees)
Superfatting: Mango Butter
I decided to test my new scale and my new molds with this recipe. I over insulated when putting it to bed and the soap superheated. Becuz of the liner and the plastic wrap, it stayed contained instead of "volcanoing" and looked foamy when I woke it up. When I cut it....it had this neat effect. The ph is 8, by the time its done curing....it will probally be down to 7. Becuz it overheated....it went through the gel process and cooked in the mold...like hot process without being a hot process soap. Its actually safe to use right now...but I'm going to go ahead and cure it like a good soapy girl should.
The lather test is on March 13, 2013 and curing will be complete on April 17, 2013. I've been giving my soaps 6 weeks instead of 4. No particular reason, just seemed like the thing to do since most recipes say 4 to 8 weeks. 6 is in the middle of that....so I figure best to be safe than sorry.
The molds...I call them Lucy molds were gotten from Etsy at SoapMoldsByLucy's shop. They don't require a lining but I lined them anyway. If I have more than one batch planned, I can go to the next batch without having to wash it as all the soap was contained in the lining which when removed with the soap, leaves the mold clean and ready for the next pour.
Unlike the Good! soap, which isn't for sale as every bar has been gifted, the mango papaya prroduced 21 bars....enough for personal use and to sale. Stay tuned.