Stuck it in the freezer, then scraped at it with a spatula, then a butter knife then a dry bottle brush. This was one of those things I knew was beyond me. I asked my friends in soaping 101 and got the 411. There are no divots in the wood from doing it this way, which I'm sure there would have been if I went with my first instinct...which would have been to wash it...or soak it. I'm gonna let it dry before I use it again....then all future linings will be with plastic. That way....I can get the soap out without the paper ripping cuz it got compromised by hot soap leaking through. If I can....I will find a silicone mold that fits in here and use it as a liner.