Saturday, May 4, 2013

I went to Regionals!

They informed me I was in regionals on Saturday by sticking a vague note in my mailbox Wednesday....and I didn't find out which lot check-in was until 3:30 yesterday when I asked over the air....which we aren't supposed to do. ....but after 1/2 dozen failed attempts to contact the road manager, and just as many messages...time was running out.

No coffee. They had plenty of pop. I was out of cigs. I was away from my car and couldn't go get any. I woke up at 4;30 am and didn't get home until 4:30 pm. This was a long day...but I feel honored to have participated evn though I am not going to State but by next year...I'll have better skills. 2nd regional competion.....gonna work harder and pray it thru.  God is with me so that will come in time.

This year...they only had 6 places. 3 of those places qualified for state. The last time coming into the regionals, there was like 18 places and I came in 23. I guess since there are more drivers, more companies, more communities, they have to allow for it. 61 folks competed for 6 positions. ...no pressure. Haha.

Until next year!

No comments: