Monday, May 27, 2013

Red Currants





































This oatmilk soap has the amazing scent of red currants, and a generous helping of rice bran oil to sooth the skin beyond the ability of oatmeal. Don't get me wrong......oatmeal is great, amazing for the skin. However, rice bran is also great and wonderful for the skin. I decided to see what happens if I marry the two...and the result was this soap. The texture is amazing even now and it still has weeks to cure. Very happy with this.

The colors are amazing together....which is interessting cuz I chose none of them. The colors were chosen by my facebook friends who responded to this post, "soaping tonight, name some colors." And the responses were orange, pink, blue, teal and purple. I chose the colors I had that were closest and one itps later....here ya go! The colors I used were blaze orange, strong pink, blue violet and coral reef blue.


No comments: