Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Artwork pin

This was made for me by Topaz when she was 7 or 8 (she's 22 now) and
today when I picked it up...the bar pin popped right off. Completely in
tact but the glue kinda powdered away. I used the pin for something
else...I'm keeping this. When I put it on for the first time, I had the
arrow pointing up and was immediately informed by the Tinytot that I was
wearing it upside down. But when you ask "what is it?" she said "I don't
know but it's upside down" haha I respect that. Beauty is in the eye of
the beholder...and art is in the hands of it's creator. So the arrow
will always be pointed down.

Anyway...without it's pin, it's no longer jewelry...so I'm moving it to
my treasury until I either reinstate it as jewelry or find another
purpose for it. What I find totally amazing...the school glue that held together everything on this pin for the past 15 years...still good. The industrial strength metal glue used for the pin...a flaky mess. E600 is supposed to out last a water based school glue...or at least you would think so, huh?!

This pin was eventually replaced with a purple butterfly
necklace made of c.z. For Mommy day. So you should have seen Topi's face
this morning when I said "the pin popped off of this...mind if I use it
for something else?" she was shocked that I still had it. Duh...I'm
mommy...I saved everything...so there!

Anyway...I just thought I'd share.
http://purplebutterfly-peepla.blogspot.com/
~ http://AptitudesUnlimited.artfire.com ~
:: http://peepla.etsy.com ::

No comments: