Thursday, January 13, 2011

I'm Not Concerned

I'm Not Concerned

I'm not concerned with the Otis you used to be,
I love the Otis you became.

I love the Otis with the forgiving spirit,
The one who could forgive, and accept forgiveness.

I'm not concerned with the meanness you were known for,
I love the gentle soul you became,
The one able to love and smile.

I'm not concerned with what you did in the past,
I love what you did after you accepted Jesus.

Jesus is not concerned with the old man you were,
But the new creature in Christ you became.

So when I say I love you and folks tell me about what you did in the past, I'm not concerned.

I love the Otis you became, and I love that when I reach the Golden Gates, I will get to see you again.

Lakaya M. Peeples
1/13/2007

Dedicated to Otis Douglas Jackson, 1945-2007. He was my uncle, and is missed very much.

No comments: