Sunday, January 2, 2011

Kaya's Law

Kaya's Law

There's an old adage called Murphy's Law that is typically stated as: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong".

It has been my experience that whatever can go wrong, will go wrong and at the most inopportune time....but there's a blessing hidden in there somewhere. There IS a calm in the storm. Sometimes God calms the storm by calming YOU in the midst thereof.

What little faith you must have to say "oh, it's all wrong, it's getting worse" and stop trying.

How do you know how good you got it if you have no concept of how bad it can be. Don't panic, be still, be quiet, be seeking Jesus. Sometimes bad things are allowed to past thru your life...as a test of faith, as a lesson or to prepare you and make you stronger.

If the devil isn't trying to get you, he's already got you. I tried to find a good job...I stopped trying to find it when I got it. I went looking for a dependable car....not looking for a dependable car anymore...cuz it's parked in front of the house. Duh. I don't look for what I have, I look for what I lack. I look for what is due. I look for what has been promised.

I woke up this morning...fulfilling a promise that my blessings continue. A few years back..a group of doctors told me I wouldn't wake up. The thyroid cancer would run it's course...into my brain, my lungs, and heart...and kill me. They told me to make my arrangements, that I had about 3 months without surgery...less than a 50/50 chance with surgery...IF I woke up from the surgery....all the while someone was saying "don't worry, this is routine." Pardon me, but having a 7" opening cut into the base of my neck...is NOT a routine thing in my life. Then the doctor wanted to object to my having my Pastor come in and bless the operation saying "don't you trust me?" [lets think about that...I've known Jesus all my life and committed myself to Him at the age of 8 years old, I met that doctor 2 months before the surgery and had seen him twice for 30 mins each in that time.] I said "I trust your skill as a surgeon to do what you do, I trust my Lord Jesus for deliverance. And if my Pastor can't come...you ain't cutting me open." I remember the Pastor holding my hand and praying...then I remember waking up gagging on the tube stuck down my throat. I remember being informed that my 1 hour surgery...turned into 9 hours. There was a mass...it was cancerous and removed along with the left lobe of my thyroid and then of course, they performed the procedure I had actually went in for. My basic reaction: "oh...ok, when can I got home?" so as if I hadn't asked that, they start telling about radiation and chemo and maybe I should check on my arrangements. I didn't make any arrangements...I had full faith I didn't need to. The date was 02/08/2000 and here I still am...cancer free. My doctor didn't understand my faith...bet he does now. He also didn't know that was not my first bout with cancer...it was the 3rd time. The devil has been trying to kill me for a long time...but I'm not going anywhere until Jesus says it's time, that my work is finished. Then I'll go...without any fear whatsoever.

When stuff goes wrong...and someone says give up...ask them "Why? Where's the blessing in that" You see, those things will rob you of the blessings you are to be given. What may seem to be bad. God will make it for your good if your faith is strong. Sometimes the blessing may be a simple dose of patience. Don't question what the blessing is...just know it's coming.

Days like this...you know a blessing is coming your way...first my son overslept so I told him "get in the car" I wasn't even gonna try to meet the bus he missed, simply taking him directly to his job would be easier... I get in the car to drive him to work...wardrobe malfunction...strap on left side of dress just popped....I reached in the backseat and grabbed a shrug...darn thing was hot but kept me covered the whole service. Pastor had a powerful sermon! I know folks who... if their hair isn't right or dress did what mine did...they'd go back home. If I had went home, I would have missed that sermon and the message was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. God indeed was trying to tell me something. I was there to receive that blessing.

When things go wrong...what blessing is the devil trying to steal from you? Pursue your blessings...continue thru the adversity. Call it a divine appt. and you need to keep that appt no matter what.

Kaya's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"....cuz if the devil isn't trying to get you...he already got you...so lean on Jesus and keep on going!

~Lakaya M. Peeples
7/18/10

No comments: