Sunday, January 2, 2011

Vindication

Vindication.

Some folks at work, see my cross and 'try not to curse around me' they see my gele and definitely WONT curse around me. some just go away so they dont offend Miss Kay or Miss Regina.

I am Miss Kay.

However... there is this woman at my job who likes to be the bain of my existence. she asks me the same stupid questions all the time...doesnt bother to listen to the answer to the questions, then like a week later....will ask the exact same question again. her main point of dismay is my gele.

I have answered this question maybe 30 times in the presence of others becuz she plans her 'attacks' right at 5:30 when I walk in the door to sign in and other drivers who are early are sitting around drinking coffee...

Today, I'm in my daughter's car...less head room so i tied the gele after I clocked in, and this woman, lets call Anna Annoying, goes "why do you wear that' and theres another woman we'll call her Vicky Victorious who if you had to choose one word to describe her, the word would be 'Non'. non-confrontational, non-judgemental, non-political, non-religious, just non.

now, just for back ground here are some previous answers I have given Anna about my gele:

Its my cloth crown until God gives me one of gold.

Its written in the bible that a woman should never pray uncovered. the bible's actual wordage is "let her be covered"

the bible says to pray without ceasing etc.

Now i am not a preachers daughter, so when it comes to the bible, I cant tell you what it says, where it says it and what it means. I can only tell you what it says, what it means to me, and how my pastor expanded upon what it says. so yesterday, 'Anna' says I dont get it.' I said "you dont have to, just accept that I do it for reasons of faith, in fact dont even bother to accept it, just know you cant change it, but hey I'll pray for you" to which she responded "OH NO...DONT GO DOING THAT!" and very calmly, almost in a whisper i replied: "You cant stop me."

...anyway, back to today.... Why do you wear that? and I said "the bible says a woman should never pray uncovered." "oh dont go getting all preachy on me" she said...to which i said 'cant answer your question if i dont', then she says 'you should have done that at home' to which i replied "Jesus isn't at home...He's everywhere, so no I don't have to hide where I do anything in reference to Him" so then she tried "well yesterday, you said the bible says pray without stopping" and I said "thats right, and since I never stop praying, my head is almost always covered.

Out of nowhere Vicky looks at Anna and say "why do you do that?" and Anna says "do what" so Vicky says 'everyday, you say something to her about her headwraps and everyday she leaves you looking foolish...why do you do that?' and I said "excuse me I have to go drive a very large vehicle thru a few school zones" and I left the drivers room to go pre-trip my bus.

By the time I had walked the 1/4 mile to where my bus was located I was nearly in the spirit. God always sends me an angel...this time it was a surprising source.

All I could think was VINDICATION!!!!, finally...Anna was told in a way she understands that she only exists to annoy others...and not by me. But by the most non-opposing soul at Petermann. haha I have no doubt that Anna will still try to annoy me tomorrow, but I must say...the devil may be using her to cause grief, but God turned it to my good, becuz when I leave for work...praying all the way there becuz the car is the one place I am truly alone for 20 mins at a time with no one knocking on doors or calling....by the time I get to work, God has given me scriptures to shake the devil off.

Hopefully God will work on Anna and turn her completely around. I'm sure everyone has a "Anna" in their life. this is just how I handle mine. ignoring her doesn't work, I am certainly not gonna have a shouting match with her...and the calmer i am when I answer her questions, the more annoyed she becomes. haha

If you get it, great, if you dont...you will, maybe later, in any event...thanks for reading.

~Lakaya M. Peeples
2/20/09

No comments: