Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ode To Mystery Yellow Shirt

Ode to Mystery Yellow Shirt

Come on...where you hiding now. You are my favorite shirt...bright sunshine yellow, bought to wear under my knitted dress and with jeans. I wore you once and put you in the laundry and you disappeared.

You showed back up months later...your where~abouts a mystery since you ain't talking, I set you out with the outfit I want to wear and the next morning you were gone again. Mystery Yellow where do you hide?

A year passes and out of the blue...there's Mystery Yellow, looking good as new! Not getting away this time, I'm not taking my hands off you.

I fell asleep as I oft times do after a long day of work...hands firmly gripped to you...but on the morn to my surprise...you'd escaped again! How? and Why?

I asked the oldest here and the youngest born...if they had seen you. "What the Mystery Yellow shirt with a mind of it's own?" They told me to give up and buy another...but all the stores have not your twin and searching for you has released my hunter within.

I will find you, this I promise. You will probably escape again as it's what you do...and we will then...begin again. My Mystery Yellow!

~ Lakaya M. Peeples
06/10/10

No comments: