Sunday, January 2, 2011

Life Times

Life times

Just for fun, I thought I would write out my schedule of life times.

Monday - Friday 4:30 am wake up....fuss that I don't want to be up. resolve those feelings by splashing water on my face followed by some soap. then more soap in other places, followed by some deodorant, and the perfume of the day (usually cotton candy or peach)

4:45 start some coffee..when I remember otherwise i grab some on the road.

4:47 Pray

4:50 Get dressed

5:00 double check...purse? keys? Hair? am I wearing shoes...hey its early at 5 am, did I kiss the kids? etc.

5:03 pour a cup of coffee.

5:04 "Hey ...where's my wallet?" (I do this EVERY morning) haha

5:05 Find what I wore yesterday and get the wallet out of the pocket (or purse if it was Sunday.)

5:10 Leave the house, get in a car, find some Gospel, sing, pray, and drive, by the time I get to work, Im ready for a great day.

5:20 Pull into Petermann's lot

5:21 Play "you first...no you, ok if you insist" with a few buses coming out of the lot.

5:22 Park

5:25 FREE COFFEE!!! and if i remembered to take my cup with me...LARGE FREE COFFEE!!! hahaha

5:30 clock in (but I'm technically not on the clock until 5:50

5:31 hang out in the drivers room, drinking coffee

5:45 start walking towards my bus

5:50 pre-trip my bus, start it up get the heat going if it hasn't already been pre-heated by our wonderful machanics who make sure we dont freeze on really cold mornings

5:55 Do a radio check and ask "Have you seen my monitor?"

5:55.30 response: If you dont see her before its time to leave let use know...we'll send someone else.

5:56 Say a prayer

6:00 Time to go, call in "Have you seen my monitor?....oh never mind" haha at this point, usually she's running across the lot to avoid getting left.....again.

6:02 Leave Petermann

6:28 First pickup....not gonna bore you with a bunch of pickup times....6:45, 6:48, 6:55, 7:12, 7:20...ok I lied. hahaha

7:35 Wait for the IA's to unload bus, first school.

7:36 Favorite Layover point (this is usually where I realize I'm hungry and eat something.

8:00 layover's over

8:05 First pickup of conjoined route, second/third schools, enter auto mode. REALLY not gonna bore you with a bunch of pickup times...not willing to type them all out. hahaha

9:00 drop off second school...waiting on help of 3 IA's

9:10 drop off third school...no IA's there, but some desparately needed. haha and return to lot.

9:30 Leave Petermann...time for a nap.

9:50 Arrive home, start some coffee

1:00 wake up if I was sleep pour some coffee and get gone

1:05 find some Gospel, sing, pray, and drive to work

1:20 bogart a bus...hey you already on the clock! let me through! haha

1:30 Leave Petermann's lot

1:45 Line up order at first school, I'm the first bus...watch someone be late and cause Miss Robin grief

2:05 if all went well, my bus is loaded and ready to go, if not, pull up to let the others out, call in for missing students. usually the same 2, I think they plan in advance whose turn it is to drive me batty. haha

2:10 Leave that school, enter auto mode

3:00 -- 3:15 Layover...by a resturant perferaby

3:16 Head to next school....then hang back becuz the load zone is designed to hold 3 mini buses, and they added 2, so heres 5 buses...and I'm not in a mini bus.

3:40 Pull into second school, and wait for captain to tell me to pull up.

3:41 Someone tells me my bus "really doesnt fit here". duh. At this point my monitor is making jokes. haha My favorite: You got a magic wand...then we can shrink the bus. haha

3:45 Load school

3:50 drive to third school and load.

3:55 still waiting for my slow poke....I truely think she does this on purpose. Her brothers are on the bus so she must be here.

3:58 3 mins late and leaving. Enter auto mode.

5:00 Call in my signal 16 (bus empty, returning to lot)

5:15 Off duty, time to have a life

5:17 find some Gospel, sing, pray, and drive....to....hmmmm

5:30-6:00 if I had no where else to go....I'm home

6:30 say grace and eat something, wash clothes, hair, etc,

8:00 time for House (or some other tv show)

10:00 time to pray and go to sleep

4:30 am wake up....refer to the top of the list hahaha

Saturday: Mostly pray, eat, sleep, repeat

Sunday: God's time. Wake up stayed on Jesus...whole day....Jesus, theres some singing, praying, and worshiping in there too.

This is my version of 'wash, rinse, repeat' whats yours.

~Lakaya M. Peeples
2/27/09

No comments: