Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Quilted jacket

Back in the day...when I had patience for such things....I decided to "quilt my world" which included covers, couch, clothes, shoes, etc. And at some point, this leather jacket. Quilting a premade leather jacket isn't as easy as you'd think cuz it included separating the lining....punching the leather to lace the pieces on...since a needle wouldn't easily go thru the leather but would stab your fingers instead.. I had this amazing fabric from Ghana so I quilted it into carpenter wheel diamonds...after the carpenter wheel was finished....I put the left overs on this jacket. Then it was misplace during the move and found today....in the bottom of a storage box...with 3 other wiinter coats. I tried it on...sleeves are now too short becuz in 24 years....I've gotten taller. And I can't zip it cuz my waist....has gotten wider. Hahaha

I am going to finish it and then decide if I'm gonna sell it or shrink my body to fit. Maybe I'll give it to one of my kids...don't know yet.

http://purplebutterfly-peepla.blogspot.com

No comments: