Friday, June 28, 2013

4th of July soap
























Inspired by the red white and blue....this is my soap for the 4th.  I mixed patagonia purple and true coral together to get this red. Both colors then to morph...one morphs to brugundy, one morphs to pink...I figure together maybe id get a color close enough to red to "play it off" but look...looks like patriot red don't it? The blue is called college blue. The technique...double slanted deviders.....white on the bottom, swirl in the center..........at least that was the plan. The batch accelerated right after I got the color cups filled...so moving quickly I got most of the soap in the mold the...seize! Took me about 3 mins each to remove the dividers...slamming, pull divider...push soap down, slam again, pull on divider push the soap down...etc...repeat for the other side.

This soap is already testing at ph8. Its made from mango butter, macadamia nut oil, coconut oil, palm oil, grapeseed oil and castor oil. Sound familiar? Sound "Good!" Ya cuz this is the recipe for Good! soap with a kick of color and a new scent. The scent, "Goddess of the universe", is where the problem came in.known to accelerate...there was a warning saying "excellent for peaks, not good for swirls" of course, I didn't see that until mid swirl attempt! I certainly would not have used it...OR...tried a new technique, had I known. It all worked out in the end, I do intend to try this again with a different scent...a trusted scent. Stay tuned.

check out http://peepla.etsy.com for current inventory.

No comments: