Monday, June 10, 2013

Ph balanced dish water








Yop...you read that right. I ran out of gloves so washing the soaping dishes was not an immediate option. I dropped some ph strips in the soap pots....they all turned black...would have burned me if I tried to clean them at that point in time.

My friend "jug o vinegar" was there to help out....I pour some into each soap pot and over other things floating in the sink and droopped in more ph strips. They turned green, yellow and red. Green is fine, red from the vinegar is fine. Yellow is neutral...totally fine. Washed most of the dishes, pouring the vinegar dishwater over the remaining dishes as I went. The last soap pot was green by then so I finished up. Knowledge is a wonderful thing...no waiting 24 to 48 hours to clean up. Neutralization of the lye and get-r-done!

No comments: