Thursday, February 3, 2011

One hour challenge...

This is lion brand chenille...I cast on 15 sts on 10.5 needles....at 10
o'clock and knitted thru The Mentalist and this is what I have: 7 x 16
inches. Gotta love that. I feel the challenge was successful...since
I've been procrastinating refinishing this scarf...and for half a month
it had been stagnated at 4 inches. So I frogged it completely and
started over....gave my self an hour and voila!
http://purplebutterfly-peepla.blogspot.com/
~ http://AptitudesUnlimited.artfire.com ~
:: http://peepla.etsy.com ::

2 comments:

spinndiva said...

I like the way the stitches look in this yarn! Very pretty! I like the colour too!

peepla said...

Thanks Diva! This scarf was rediscovered when mom was searching for the socks I knit her...she's dropping birthday hints. Haha and it look like it had been thru a war! I was gonna just make her another with new yarn but it's been discontinued...so I unraveled the scarf she had...should have seen her face. Haha don't she know I can reknit anything I've knitted. Anyway...she goes "since you taking it aloose...can it be thinner and longer" so that is my goal. 5 sts less and I'm knitting till the ball runs out like last time, but since 5 sts equals 2.5 inches...that will translate to an extra 12" on the bottom. A pic of how it looked when we found it is on this blog somewhere. I decided to give the scarf priority since tomorrow is her birthday...and the sock hints...not unnoticed, but I don't have any sock yarn currently. Haha